PDA

View Full Version : What's your hunting style?

Percidae_Papermouth
10-22-2013, 06:32 PM
River,swamp,lakes for puddlers? Divers on salt rivers/marsh, sea ducks?

Do you hunt from a float blind, fixed blind?

Ever jump shoot from canoe or kayak?

Anyone field hunt?

Crappie predator
10-22-2013, 07:05 PM
In a word YES! I do it all dry fields, flooded fields, ponds, streams, rivers, and big lakes. Can't really say ocean because Illinois is a little bit of a drive to the salt but have been to jersey to hunt brant and sea ducks on the really BIG water.

www.crappiepredator.com

drake
10-22-2013, 07:45 PM
In a word YES! I do it all dry fields, flooded fields, ponds, streams, rivers, and big lakes. Can't really say ocean because Illinois is a little bit of a drive to the salt but have been to jersey to hunt brant and sea ducks on the really BIG water.

Since you all different kinds, do you prefer any type over the others?

BratsNMustard
10-23-2013, 07:42 AM
All of the above but with a preference leaning toward jump shooting with my kayak.

Percidae_Papermouth
10-23-2013, 08:55 AM
I mostly hunt a swamp with the occasional freshwater river hunt, I like hunting over decoys... Ill jump shoot sometimes mid day but beaverdams make it tough to cross lol

Crappie predator
10-23-2013, 08:28 PM
If I had to pick one I would say big water (fresh water) and big spread diver hunt.

www.crappiepredator.com

GrnTmbrHntr
10-25-2013, 04:52 AM
Timber hunt in shallow water. Permanent blind and have a floating 26' blind. Mallards and gray ducks are our staple.

Percidae_Papermouth
10-25-2013, 06:17 AM
Gray duck.....Gadwall? Thanks for the replies

drake
10-25-2013, 06:54 PM
If I had to pick one I would say big water (fresh water) and big spread diver hunt.

Definitely a laid back, enjoyable way of duck hunting, IMHO. However, I'm sure this is one of those things where someone else might a different form more enjoyable.

drake
10-25-2013, 06:56 PM
All of the above but with a preference leaning toward jump shooting with my kayak.

I need to see if there is anywhere near me where I could try this form of hunting.

Slab
10-27-2013, 10:44 AM
I need to see if there is anywhere near me where I could try this form of hunting.

Frank ain't that far away!

And I like to hunt in style, I wear camo hat with camo boots and camo shirt and tie. lol

Fatman
10-27-2013, 02:14 PM
No hunting style again this year - lucky they let me go fishing but hopefully next year.

RCC
10-27-2013, 07:18 PM
I've hunted lots of different ways, but my favorite is shallow water flooded green timber. Nothing like getting close and personal with a big bunch landing at about 5 yards.

BratsNMustard
10-28-2013, 06:29 AM

Just give me a shout next fall and I can put you on some jump shooting activity. Pretty much all tied up for this season but if you wanted to give it a shot for a day or two I would be glad to take you next fall.

GrnTmbrHntr
10-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Gray duck.....Gadwall? Thanks for the replies

That would be correct.

drake
10-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Just give me a shout next fall and I can put you on some jump shooting activity. Pretty much all tied up for this season but if you wanted to give it a shot for a day or two I would be glad to take you next fall.

I will definitely keep this in mind for next year. Thanks for the offer.