PDA

View Full Version : I've shot a lot of ducks, but I still have not harvested a....

drake
10-30-2013, 06:21 PM
Anyone have particular species of duck that has been eluding them?

GrnTmbrHntr
10-31-2013, 05:51 AM
Cinnamon Teal

BratsNMustard
10-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Actually a few. Pintail, redhead, canvasback, and ruddy. Seen plenty of each just seem to never have been able to connect with one.

drake
10-31-2013, 08:09 PM
Actually a few. Pintail, redhead, canvasback, and ruddy. Seen plenty of each just seem to never have been able to connect with one.

I've heard canvasback before. I was surprised by ruddy being on your list; I think half the ducks we shot last year were ruddy ducks.

Crappie predator
11-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Cinnamon teal, Barrow's goldeneye, eider, but most of all a harlequin! I had 11 harlequins swimming less than 15 yards from me last year in NJ but you can't shoot them there. I have killed every other legal species in the us accept for the tree ducks but I have no real interest in them.

www.crappiepredator.com

kswaterfowler
11-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Black Duck and cinnamon teal. Sea duck hunt is on my bucket list.

GrnTmbrHntr
11-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Black Duck and cinnamon teal. Sea duck hunt is on my bucket list.

We used to kill several black ducks each year, but that is getting to be rare for us. Good luck on those 2.

BratsNMustard
11-05-2013, 10:39 AM
We still usually manage to take one or two black ducks each season but the cinnamon teal pretty much don't exist in our area so we don't really even count them as an attainable goal if hunting these parts.

GrnTmbrHntr
11-05-2013, 04:21 PM
We don't have cinnamon's either. I'm going to have to get a trip west of here for sure. I'll go where I have to.

dlepard
11-07-2013, 08:55 PM
A wood duck and when I started hunting I lived in west tenn and there's a lot of wood ducks I live in Kansas now I'm going to take the time to hunt only them on creeks this year when I work for it that hard it will b on the wall

BratsNMustard
11-08-2013, 11:12 AM
A wood duck and when I started hunting I lived in west tenn and there's a lot of wood ducks I live in Kansas now I'm going to take the time to hunt only them on creeks this year when I work for it that hard it will b on the wall
Good luck. Nothing like a nice mature drake woodie on the wall. It is the only waterfowl we have mounted and it is awesome.