PDA

View Full Version : Virginia seasons.

Percidae_Papermouth
08-25-2014, 09:56 AM
2014-2015 Migratory Waterfowl Seasons
Daily Bag Limit: 6 ducks of any species except for the following restrictions: can include no more than
4 mallards (only 2 can be hen mallards), 4 scoters, 3 wood ducks, 2 redheads, 2 scaup, 2 pintails,
1 black duck (except closed during Oct. 10–13), 1 canvasback, 1 mottled duck, and 1 fulvous whistling duck.
The possession limit is three times the daily bag limit. No person may take more than one daily bag limit in any one day.
Ducks
October 10–13 (Black duck closed) November 15–30
December 17–January 25
Closed season on harlequin ducks.

September Canada Goose
Season: September 1–September 25
Hunt Zone: Statewide
Hours:
East of I-95
Canada goose
September 1–16: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset. September 17–25: One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
West of I-95
September 1–21: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset. September 22–25: One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
Bag Limit: 10 per day, 30 in possession.
September Canada goose hunting is not permitted within the boundaries of the Amelia
and Dick Cross Wildlife Management Areas.
Special Requirements: In addition to a HIP registration number, a federal
migratory duck stamp and a Virginia Migratory Waterfowl Conservation Stamp (unless license exempt) are also required to hunt geese during this season.
Note: Electronic calls and unplugged shotguns are not allowed for hunting Canada geese.
September Teal
Season: September 17–30 Hunt Zone: East of I-95
Season: September 22–September 30 Hunt Zone: West of I-95
Hours: One-half hour before sunrise until sunset.
Bag Limit: 6 per day, 18 in possession.*
(any combination of blue-winged and
green-winged teal)
Green-winged teal, ©Spike Knuth
*Note: Hunters are cautioned to positively identify their ducks before shooting, since other species, such as wood ducks, may be in the area.
Special Requirements: In addition to a HIP registration number, a federal migratory duck stamp and a Virginia Migratory Waterfowl Conservation Stamp (unless license exempt) are also required to hunt teal during this season.