PDA

View Full Version : Last day Report.

Percidae_Papermouth
01-25-2014, 07:12 AM
After 4 skunked trips without firing a shot...(passed on a few mergansers and ringnecks) I finally got some play. My blind in the swamp is completely iced up so I hunted a small pond, half of which was iced up... Small hole made for good shooting. Got a bull mallard and a tiny hen ringer. Those new kent 3.5" # 3 shot did the trick. I usually buy federal or Winchester but I recently made a trade of two 12' crappie poles for 4 boxes of 3.5" drylock #3 three boxes of rem #4 two box of expert 3.5 bb and one box of kent 3.5" 3 s

Anyways I hope you all had a great hunt today as well

Percidae_Papermouth
01-25-2014, 08:02 AM
Only thing that would had made it better if it was banded

My seasons total 5 woodducks, 5 ringnecks, 3 gadwall, 1 mallard

drake
01-25-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the report! I need to write up an article about my one trip this year. Barely was able to do that as I've been under the weather through half of last year. :( I hope to get much more time next year. I need to figure out how the lottery in my area works for blinds on public land too.

First day we didn't see a duck. The second day was better and we had 10 GoldenEye's among the 5 of us. We had some mergansers too, a few were hooded. I figure I should post this before I can't remember.