PDA

View Full Version : Skunk

Percidae_Papermouth
12-07-2013, 10:52 AM
Took a skunk today, didn't see many birds moving passed on a group of ringnecks.. Temps dropped 30 degrees over night and was windy and rainy, how do you guys change your hunt in these conditions? Decoy numbers, placements, calling? I didn't hear any ducks usually hear a quack or two and always woodduck whistles but nothing... A week ago I was seeing 100-150 ducks each afternoon while scouting.

kswaterfowler
12-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Got to find the birds. Find them and the rest falls into place. Put in 2 hrs of driving tonight in freezing drizzle/sleet/snow looking for birds. Only open water is on the river and I didn't see any there. Even the 9k acre lake nearby is completely ice covered. Usually happens about a week later, but makes it all that more rewarding when you find them.

RCC
12-09-2013, 09:23 PM
It's still a good hunt even if you pass on some ducks. In the above conditions, if there are ducks, I will go with the decoys close together set down wind and no spinning wings. If the ducks like it you will get that close shot with them landing over the top of your setup.